Here are some home selling tips for Ocala, FL home sellers in the current real estate market.
Selling your home is not easy and only about thirteen percent of the homes sold today are sold as listed for sale by owner. Homes that are listed with a REALTOR® sell much faster than those that are sold by their owners through other means. Working with a professional REALTOR® is your best option, and here are some of the reasons why:
- We have all the up-to-date information on our local housing market; including comparable pricing, local neighborhood knowledge, local Lender recommendations, and typical negotiating strategies in this market for properties like yours. This knowledge is key in getting your property sold – without hassle and as fast as possible.
- We work hard to market your property by staging it properly and then having a Photographer do a professional photo shoot which we include for free when we list on the MLS. Your listing is also pushed out to an additional 200+ other internet sites and our own Website to get your home to the most internet sites available. This allows us to drive in the most leads and get it sold faster. About half of all sales are cooperative when the buyer is brought in by another Agent and we strive to work well with all other Agents in the transaction and will coordinate with the Buyer’s Agent to manage the sale of your property in a friendly and professional manner.
- We handle all the negotiation and tracking of the transaction from the first showing appointment to the lending transaction and then to the final closing – there is a LOT to do ! We strive to help you with the paperwork and give you the assurance that this important financial transaction is completed correctly. Our team is very experienced in the process and enjoys helping our Clients and friends get to the finish line in good order.
Ocala Home Listing Marketing
More than 89% of buyers are searching the internet to research and buy their homes. The significance of powerful internet technologies to market your home is very important.
Your property will be featured Professionally Photographed on our Agent Website and will be featured with a photo gallery and Virtual tour along with all information about the property.
Social Networking is the latest marketing trend with the ability to connect and communicate with others in a fast and efficient manner. Your property can be posted on virtually any social networking site including Facebook, Next Door and Pinterest.
Lead Capturing & Management System
Lead Management System to track and maintain communication with prospective buyers. Text Message and Email are sent out immediately for the fastest response time to potential buyers.
Let your selling experience be easy and less stressful. Contact us now for a Listing Appointment!
Preparing Your Home For Sale
Selling Homes in Ocala – Tips of Getting Your Ocala Home Buyer-Ready
- Depersonalize and pack away personal photos and family momentos that may be distracting to buyers. What you want the buyers to do when they walk through your home is imagine themselves in the space. Get rid of clutter and items that you don`t need everyday by packing them and placing them in storage or boxes in the garage. Clean out and organize closets and pantries. You`ll not only make the space look more inviting, you`ll already have a jump start on packing!
- Minimize. If you`re staying in the home until it sells, you want to pare down the amount of furniture and visual clutter so that buyers can see the square footage of the home better. Keep only the very bare essential furniture items, like a couch and chair, a bed for each person, and a dining table and chairs. Everything else should be stored away.
- Make small repairs. Minor repairs now can make the home seem more welcoming and less of a project for buyers.
- Clean, clean, clean! A house that sparkles is one that potential buyers will remember when reviewing their short list. Wash your windows, add new caulking to showers and sinks, replace worn throw rugs etc. Basically, give the whole house a once-over ‘spring’ cleaning and remember the outside. Pressure washing the exterior and sidewalks is cheap and can make a huge difference.
- Rev up curb appeal. The first impression buyers have of your home is its view from the curb, so make them want to live in the home from the moment they step out of their car. Trim the lawn, add some flowers, paint the door a bright, welcoming color then stand on the curb and take your home in visually. Look for improvements that will make it stand out, like new house numbers or a new mail box.
These are just some of the tips that we recommends for preparing your home for sale. We can help you determine specific improvements and tasks that will make your home ready to sell faster! Contact us now.
Home Selling Mistakes
Putting your home on the market is a big step. After all, your home likely represents the bulk of your net worth. You want to get the most out of it, and you want to sell it fast. There are mistakes to avoid when selling your home, and here`s a rundown:
- Pricing the home above or below the comparable homes in the area. Pricing your home is the most important step in how fast you want the home to sell. Knowing the comparable sales and condition of the homes and neighborhoods where they were located is integral in pricing correctly.
- The home is in need of repairs . A few updates and quick fixes can really boost the likelihood of the home selling quickly, and doing repairs before selling the home can give potential buyers a better impression of the home before making an offer. We can help you determine which fixes need to be undertaken before putting the home on the market, and we can also help you to stage your home to photograph well. If money is a factor, a proper adjustment to the listing price can overcome any Buyer’s remorse and some Buyer’s like a deal and a project !
- Marketing the home ineffectively. Hanging a sign in the front yard and putting a poorly photographed and staged home in the MLS is not enough to get the best price. Often times the simplest thing to do is often the most overlooked-answer the phone ! oh-and allow showings as many times as asked during normal business hours with the home in show readiness. We strive to always answer the phone, give our Sellers proper notice for cleaning up and to work with the Buyer’s Agent to get their Buyer in as soon as possible.
We are standing by to help you through every step of the process. Please contact us now to discuss your home`s resale potential.